Jose P. Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy Scholarship Program
Since 1990, the New York City Department of Education has offered a scholarship program in Occupational and Physical Therapy. Students in their 3rd, 4th, or graduate years of professional study in Occupational and Physical Therapy at participating colleges or universities are eligible to apply. Scholarships will be granted through a selection process involving an interview, review of academic records, writing samples and references, and is contingent upon continued funding for the program. Applications for the Fall 2021 Semester will be available from January 4, 2021 through April 30, 2021.
|Jose P. OT/PT Scholarship One Pager Overview||
|Scholarship Disciplines: Area of Study||Level of Study||Fact Sheet|
|Occupational Therapy||Master's Degree||Click Here|
|Physical Therapy||Doctoral Program||Click Here|
- Be accepted by one of the participating colleges/universities and enrolled full-time in an Occupational Therapy Program leading to New York State Certification.
- Be accepted by one of the participating colleges/universities and enrolled full time in a Physical Therapy Program leading to New York State Certification.
- Proof of U.S citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Certify that you do not possess a disqualifying record of conviction. All awardees need to be fingerprinted and receive clearance by the New York City Department of Education.
- Agree to accept employment as a full-time Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist with the New York City Department of Education in areas of high need as determined at the discretion of the program supervisor upon obtaining your New York State license.
- Maintain full-time college or university enrollment.
SERVICE AGREEMENT and COMMITMENT:
- Participants shall serve within the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) in the field of Occupational Therapy two (2) years for every year the Scholarship is awarded or any part thereof.
- Participants shall serve in the field of Physical Therapy two (2) years for every year the Scholarship is awarded or any part thereof.
- Example: If the Scholarship is awarded for one and a half (1 and 1/2) years, the participant will have a four (4) year service commitment to the NYCDOE.
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE FORM AS PART OF THE APPLICATION.
|COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE FORM|
The following required documents must be submitted within ten (10) business days from the date of application filing:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (Example: Birth Certificate, Passport, Alien Registration Card)
- Current College Transcripts (official and unofficial student copies are acceptable)
- A completed College Acceptance Form
- Two (2) letters of reference
- Copies of all New York State or other state certificates
- A non-refundable application fee of $75.00 in the form of a U.S Postal money order made payable to the New York City Department of Education. Personal checks will not be accepted.
Mail required documents to:
New York City Department of Education
HC School Support
Scholarships, Incentives, and Speech Programs
65 Court Street, Room 508
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11201
Attn: OT/PT Scholarship Program
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Implementation of the Jose P. Graduate Scholarship Program is contingent upon the availability of funding and the staffing needs of the New York City Department of Education.
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO